Hey, guys! Happy Thanksgiving! For our second post, we’re focusing on a restaurant-worthy side of…..breadsticks. They’re slightly crisp and chewy, and only take 20 minutes to rise. They’re also super addictive, which is perfect, since this recipe makes over 30 breadsticks. Here we go!
To start, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and transfer to a floured surface, kneading about 20 times or until the dough comes together and is stretchy. Next, just roll out the dough, cut it into strips, and twist!
After the dough has risen for 20 minutes, top (liberally) with butter, garlic salt, and parmesan, and bake.
It’s even simpler than our last post, (if that’s possible,) and so worth every second! These breadsticks paired great with our spaghetti and meatballs, and would also be delicious alongside soup, grilled chicken, a glass of wine, or even your Thanksgiving Turkey! Go ahead and give these delicious breadsticks a try!
Garlic Parmesan Breadsticks
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3 cups bread flour*
- 2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons melted butter, for topping.
- garlic salt and parmesan cheese, for topping.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line 2 baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl using a wooden spoon.
- Transfer dough to a floured surface. Knead dough about 20 times, or until dough has come together and is smooth.
- Roll dough into a 10×14 rectangle. Using a pizza cutter or knife, cut into 1/2-3/4in strips. Cut strips in half, twist, and lay on prepared baking sheets.
- Brush with melted butter and top liberally with garlic salt and parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
*all-purpose flour may be substituted for less crisp breadsticks.